Author Topic: Stereo SID boards now available!  (Read 1930 times)

VanessaE

Stereo SID boards now available!
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:52 PM »
It's time to hang out my shingle. :-)

After lots of late nights in front of my PCB layout and schematic editor programs, I've finally got my internal Stereo SID board to a point where it is ready to sell.

Anyone who wants one, just head over to my new storefront, located at:

http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/

Available fully assembled or as a parts+PCB kit; users will need to specify what machine the board will be used in, plus a few other options.

(My and Abe's home pages are still available; the links thereto have been moved to the bottom of the page)

Offline airship

• 128D user
  • Former Editor, INFO Magazine
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Airship
Re: Stereo SID boards now available!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Had no idea you were going into bidness, Vanessa! Look out, Jim Brain!

Order will come after payday!
Serving up content-free posts on the Interwebs since 1983.
History of INFO Magazine

VanessaE

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Much appreciated. I actually had been thinking of putting stuff out for sale, but I never seemed to have money and drive at the same time.   Now you see what happens when I get both together at once. ;-)

Let me know if you have any troubles using the storefront?

I'm new at this. :-)

Offline papa_november

• Windows user
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 01:55 PM »
This is exactly what me and several others have wanted for a while now - a stereo SID solution that is compatible with all existing and future standards. Are the directions for assembling the kit/bare PCB version available online?

Historically, stereo modifications have been much more popular with the Atari 8-bit crowd. Maybe this board will change that! Is there a conclusive list of all the demos that use stereo? Are there any stereo SID files out there?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:29 PM by papa_november »

VanessaE

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Actually no - I never thought to create a set of instructions for the kit!   :)

Thank you for reminding me -- I will put together something appropriate as soon as possible.

For stereo aware demos, I'm not sure off the top of my head what all there is.  I used "Summer Time Booze" to test the $D420 address slot, and Mark Dickenson's StereoPlayer 10.3 playing a few stereo tunes from the Compute!'s Gazette SID Collection, to test the regular $Dx00 addressing mode.  There's lots of stereo music in that collection.

VanessaE

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:58 AM »
I've created and uploaded a set of assembly instructions.  You can find them here:

http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/projects/internal%20stereo%20sid%20board%20kit%20instructions.pdf

(3.6 MB PDF file)

It's also linked on the Stereo SID board's details page and on my Projects page.  :)

Offline papa_november

• Windows user
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 05:46 AM »
Any ETA on the availability of the 128DCR version? I bought the normal version only to discover it doesn't fit in my 128DCR.

(I don't want to send it back, as I plan on putting it in a friend's 128 - I just want to order the 128DCR version whenever it becomes available.)

VanessaE

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 07:24 AM »
That's still up in the air, since the demand for those is so small (or so it appears), I haven't been able to justify spinning a batch with the new design.