SMF 2.0 release candidate 3 has been released. At this point I can't see that there's any huge need to upgrade as most of the new features are mostly cosmetic and it's a fairly large (& disruptive) job to do an upgrade.
However, if anyone feels that the following list is reason enough, then I'll do it
- Better compatibility with RTL languages.
- Added curvy headers to loads of tables throughout SMF for the best Curve experience.
- Fine-tuned conversation view in the personal messages section.
- Improved read tracking of topics; e.g. topics are now marked as read by pages, to allow easier resuming of reading.
- Several tweaks to the WYSIWYG editor; now automatically disabled on mobile devices.
- Post screens (new topic, etc) are center aligned again.
- Buttons are now aligned much more consistently throughout SMF.
- Row color alternation to most of the tables in the administrative areas.
- Redesigned profile statistics centre.
- Fixed install and upgrade script for PostgreSQL.
- Updated help section.
- Revamped SSI examples page.
- Rephrasing of several error messages.
- Improvements to the package manager's archive extraction algorithm.
- Toggling of full size versions of resized images.
- Altered styling for quotes and code blocks.